Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least eight (8) hours prior to appointment.
- A responsible adult who drives must accompany the patient to and from the office. This driver must be able to remain in the office during the procedure.
- Minor children must have a parent/legal guardian with them.
- Wear comfortable shoes and loose fitting clothing (with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow).
- Remove contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures at the time of surgery.
- Remove lipstick, excessive makeup, nail polish, and acrylic nails on the day of surgery.
- Notify the office if you have an illness, even a mild cold.
- Inform Dr. Hyland prior to your surgery date of routine oral medications. Continue to take routine medications unless previously instructed otherwise by Dr. Hyland.